Subject: Life of St. Julie Billiart
1. Familiarize the students with the life of St. Julie
2. Have students reflect on gifts and charism of St. Julie
2. Tell the students/audience you’re going to give a 15 minute presentation on the
Life of St. Julie Billiart. Ask them to listen for:
• Obstacles she had to overcome in her life
• Who or what helped her to overcome those obstacles
• What Julie’s favorite saying was
3. Do the presentation using the PowerPoint or the pdf. There is a script that can be printed.
4. Discuss the points listed under number two.
5. Discuss the following:
• What similarities do you see between Julie’s time and our own?
• If Julie were to walk into the room right now, what would you want to say to her?
• What advice do you think she’d give you at this point in your life?
• How do you/can you show God’s goodness in your life?
Have the students research the community St. Julie founded: the Sisters of Notre Dame
de Namur. Where are her Sisters currently living and working?
In what ways are they making God’s goodness known?